Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feeling A Bit Frustrated

I am still battling with my RSS syndication. The feeds cut off at (255?) characters. I did this to encourage readers to click through to view the site - this gives me a better idea of who is reading the blog, and it lets them see it in its technicolour glory. I acknowledge that my blogs aren't at the cutting edge of artistic design, but, it also allows things like html, pictures, embedded objects (like games) and links you can actually click. (I know, some readers can cope with these things, but some can't.)

However, setting the short syndication is also a pain. It cuts off mid-sentence with nothing to tell the reader it was done on purpose, or to click the title to see the whole post. Quite frankly, it just looks unprofessional.

So I have a bugbear in Blogger! Who would have thought?

I may have to investigate other feed options. Watch this space, I guess. Or, don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment