Thursday, January 29, 2009

Antsy.

I'm getting antsy. I love the template on No Added Salt, because I can customise it (and I have) by adjusting colours, adding links, changing menus and so on. Here on Weird Search, I just chose a standard one. I'm certainly not known for my love of all things pink. But it does the job, seeing as how this blog is, and will remain, predominantly about the text and what's written.

Unfortunately, Crazy Odd in particular is not all about text. It's a multimedia blog, so having it sit in a run-of-the-mill standard No Frills template is eating at me. I'm getting antsy. I hate changing templates on anything though, what with the joys of adjusting stuff everywhere and editing all my future posts because the colours don't match... and then there's my loathing of the limitations of most of the three-column templates I've seen... so I've put it off. I'm the champion procrastinator.

However, today my search in Intarweb Land found me at a blog that has.. GASP!.... four, count 'em, FOUR columns and was designed effectively to give the main blog area plenty of room. Oh, how I swoon at good web design. How I lust at lickable widget placement. How I long to... erm, never mind, it's probably not appropriate for me to share.

So I went looking at more templates. I think I'm leaning towards Gabfire Maq. I don't like the colour scheme, but that's easily remedied. I also don't like that it makes me think of Macs, but I might have to learn to deal.


Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment